I would recommend Marinol.  It is Rx'ed by his MD.

Also, I have started Lidocaine infusions- I.V., 4 mg. per Kg..  I've had two
and they really help a lot.  Their affect lasts three weeks for me.

Is he on a tricyclic anti-depressant and anti-epileptic- line Nortriptyline and
Phenobarbitol??  If not those are the first meds.

I also use Dextromethorphan.  It's experimental, used in studies by Christine
Sang MD at Mass. Gen. Hosp.  I use 60 to 90 mg twice a day, and am 80 kg ( more
or less).  So use 1 mg per Kg, twice a day for your son.  This med is bought
over the counter.  Ask you pharmacist for help.

I hope this helps.  Any questions,problems, etc. write back.

Frank