  From: Robert Pall
  To: bobby jim hijar ; Sandy Heidel ; Gunny ; Tmic-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Friday, January 12, 2007 4:58 AM
  Subject: RE: [TMIC] Stem cells

  It is of course great that we are finally making strides on the stem cell
issue. I believe for the younger "victims" this will have an amazing effect on
their lives. When I visited Dr Kerr in October, he stated that his group
intended to begin human testing in approx. 2 years and if the results turn out
well they would try to get approval from the FDA. I am not trying to rain on
anybodies parade, but I believe it is important to put stem cells in a proper
time frame. Even if everything goes perfectly, we are talking at least 5 years
before it begins to be effective. In addition even if these cells were injected
or operated on the lesions we have it will still take time for the healing to
take place and for our brain to recognize that it could go back to its old way
of thinking. I truly believe we are on the right path, but to think that a cure
is around the corner is to be naive. Realistically I feel we are 5-10 years
away from procedures that will be used on the general population.
      Therefore it is great to have " a light at the end of the tunnel" as long
as we realize that the tunnel is long and we must be patient. In the interim I
will continue to take the various medications that have given me some relief
and continue as well to live each day to its fullest and not put off years of
my life until a cure finally comes.

  Make each day count!

  Rob in New Jersey