Jude,

I don't think I received the e-mail you were referring to, but  I did receive
this one.

The difference in paraplegic and quadriplegic and complete and  incomplete
are as follows:
Paraplegic refers to having only the lower half of  the body and one set of
limbs affected or paralyzed, the legs.
Quadriplegic refers to having all four limbs, arms and legs,  affected or
paralyzed.
Complete, usually refers to their being little or no  chance of function of
the paralyzed limbs.
Incomplete, usually refers to  their being a chance for the paralyzed limbs
to function.

TM affects my daily living, tremendously!  I am a C4  quad, incomplete, where
as all four limbs are affected.  I am totally  paralyzed on the right side,
and have little use of the left leg and left  arm.  I have to have someone
wash, dress, and feed me.  Someone is  with me 24 hours a day.  At least you
have
the use of your arms and  hands.  This allows you to wash her own face, brush
your own teeth and feed  yourself.

I have a Baclofen pump, which helps with my spasticity.   I take a lot of
medication, some for pain, antidepressant, bowels and for a host  of other
reasons.  I am in my wheelchair from the time I get out of bed  until I get
back
into bed.

Although things don't sound great, I am grateful and feel  blessed.  I know
things could have been worse.  I take each day at a  time, and pray for
continued strength in recovery.

Naomi
C-4 quad since July 2,  2005

http://www.aol.com.