Regina,

Like Jenna and Trudy, I am so sorry that you are going through a VERY difficult
time.

I'm not sure where you live but I know that when the weather changes here in FL
- which right now seems to be daily- my symptoms are much worse!    The Highs
and Lows really effect my TM.

I will be seeing my Neuro in 2 days and I will have to report that I fell 4
times Friday.  The first was the worse wrenching my knee and spraining my toe
on my "bad" right leg - all because I tried to walk at the same time I was
putting on my robe - no more multi-tasking!  Due to the pain, my right leg kept
giving out on me.  I was really scared that I had broken my leg.  I spent this
weekend pushing and pulling myself in a rolling chair and mainly resting.  I
fell asleep at a drop of a hat.

It's been months since I've had to use a chair to roll around in.  The falling
asleep isn't unusual - that comes and goes.  Some days I'm so tired but can't
sleep.  Some nights I see the sun come up and still can't sleep.

When you have your MRI make sure that they do it with and without contrast.  My
C4 through C6 leisons did not show on the non-contrast for some reason - only
on the contrast.  This appears to be the area that affected my hands, strength,
and endurance along with the previous legs giving out.   The Neuro at least had
the guts, or balls, to tell me that he wasn't the one to see the C4 - C6
leisons - it was the X-ray TECH who pointed it out to him but this was only
after the 5th MRI in 3 days.   Although for the whole time in the hospital, I
kept complaining of neck and shoulder pain.  Which then put me back in the
hospital only after being out for 3 days with a 22 day stay the first time.  It
took another 16 days 3 more MRIs and 7 PLEX treatments for me to regain use of
hands, arms and legs.

Are there other Neuro's in your area - Could you get a second opinion or even
change to a different Neuro.

Instead of sleeping pills plus the pain meds, I've found that Tylenol PM works
better for me.  I take 2 at night and within 30 min. to 1 hour, I'm usually
fast asleep for 7 to 8 hours.  On "normal" days, I also take 2 Extra-strength
Tylenol every 4 to 5 hours instead of the pain meds.  On "bad" days, I result
to the pain meds in between the tylenol.  Instead of the brand name, I take the
Wal-Mart generic for tylenol for both the PM and Extra-strength due to the
cost.  These seem to work as good as or better than the brand name.

I usually sit in my recliner with the heating pad on my back.  But like you,
the heater/air conditioner goes up and down.  I can be sitting without the
heating pad on, and start sweating from my shoulders up while the rest of me
feels as if I'm in a freezer.

To me, living with TM is a new experience every hour and every day.   The way I
feel today, I know will not be the way I will feel tomorrow or even the next
hour - it may be better or worse.  It's taken me a year to understand this and
realize it BUT STILL at times I "forget" and really go down - mentally and
physcially.  So I have my hours or day of a Pity-pat Party - I know I deserve
it.

I also know now that depression played a big part at the beginning both
mentally and physcially.  Luckily, my GP tried 2 or 3 prescripts before putting
me on Zoloft which has really helped.

My Neuro wasn't interested in the crying and complaining and said I should talk
to my GP.  Ecept for the Zanaflex, my GP does the prescipts for pain,
depression, and general health.  I've also had problems where the Neuro didn't
seem responsive but when I would talk to my GP within hours, I'd get a response
from my Neuro or his office.

Please don't give up.  Keep trying with your GP and Neuro, change them until
you can find one, or both, that understands.  Ask your Neuro if he has
contacted John Hopkins or any other facility that specializes in TM.  John
Hopkins has a number where physcians can contact them for specifics of your
condition and TM.  There are also pages for patients.

 My prayers are with you.

God bless you.

Candy K.