Hi Linda,
I've seen Invacare rollators advertised.  They look like good ones.

My legs have been getting weaker, as well as getting numbness
in my hands, so a cane alone just isn't enough.

I'm glad yours worked out for you. :)  The reverse brake means
that the brakes are applied when you stop squeezing the handle,
just the reverse of most rollators that work like a bicycle.  The
advantage of this is that if you slip or something, the rollator
won't get away from you.  Also it will be stable if you have to
sit down.  I'm curious, do your brakes have a locking feature,
so they will stay braked if you need them to?

Thanks for your reply! :)
Kevin

Linda Egli wrote:
Kevin
I got my "rollator" 2 months ago & it is a godsend. Mine is made by Invacare & I ordered it on line from them (free shipping too). Mine has a basket that can be moved from the front to under the seat, so when I go shopping I can put my purse under the seat & feel more secure. Until I got the rollator, I rarely went out, but now I am slowly getting out of the house again & when tired I can sit & rest for a few minutes & then continue. I also use it constantly at home. My balance has gotten progressively worse, & this is a great help. My husband even wired a cup holder to it (he says all I need now is a horn & flashing lights!) & I keep the phone in the basket all the time. Mine has hand brakes that are easy to use, but I don't what a reverse brake is.
Linda E.

*/Heather & Pieter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>/* wrote:

    Hi Kevin,

    I have a 'walker' similar to the rollator you are looking at. I
    don't have
    the 'reverse brake' thing you are talking about but I do have
    brakes on it.
    I find it so handy to have the basket and the seat. I take mine
    when I go
    for a 'walk' around the neighbourhood and when I get weary I can
    just have a
    little sit and rest. I walk about a block from our place and can
    sit in a
    very grassy park and look at the mountains. It is great.

    I also take mine to the grocery store if I'm only going in for a
    few things
    then I don't have to use my cane to get me to the carts I have
    mine with me.
    I also like it when I go shopping for other things like clothing
    as I can
    take several things into the change room with me. It is also good
    for me
    to use when I'm pulling weeds in the garden as I can just sit on
    the seat
    and do that too. It is a little high at times like that but gives
    me the
    support I need.

    I have had mine since I was in the hospital. I came home with the
    wheelchair and had to keep going for another 5 months to
    outpatient therapy
    when I was able to walk using the walker. The occupational
    therapist helped
    me get the one that was good for me. Since I was not going to be
    using it
    in the house (I used my wheelchair in the house then) I got one
    with the
    larger wheels on it. I was told by the home care store where it
    came from
    that had I been going to use it indoors I would have been better
    to get one
    with the smaller wheels.

    Hope you are successful in getting one that suits your needs.

    Heather in Calgary (where it is stupid cold and we still have snow
    on the
    ground. Is it 'spring' somewhere??)