Hi Kristy,

I have had TM for 3 1/2 yrs now. The cold and then sometimes hot burning feelings in my legs have been with me from the beginning. I'm always asking my husband 'is it cold in here or is it hot in here or is it just me'. 9 out of 10 times it is just me. I prefer the cold feelings in the legs to the hot feelings. Burning/cold tingling feelings are the norm for most of us with TM. Mine affects only my legs from thighs down as my lesion was at T8-T10. If the original lesion is higher on the spine those kinds of feelings can affect you higher up in the body as well. When my legs are feeling like they are freezing I touch them and they are a normal temperature. It is just the messages just not getting to the brain and back because of the damage to the spinal cord. I take Gabapentin to help me. Some people now take Lyrica instead of Gabapentin as it is newer drug. There are also some other medications out there to help with these symptoms. They do not take the pain away totally but do ease them for a lot of us.

Hope this helps.
Heather in Calgary
To: <tmic-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2007 8:34 PM
Subject: [TMIC] Cold Spots

Hello everyone,
My name is Kristy Matheson I am from Tennessee. Im new to this so bare with me. I was just wondering if anyone has ever experienced cold spots on your legs or arms? I have had TM for 5 years now, In the past two weeks my feet get cold (really cold) and it will travel up to my knees, I also get it in my arms but not as much as in my legs Also during this my symptoms have multiplied. I would appreciate any input.

Thankyou
Kristy M