Dear Friends,

I don't think I can describe to you properly, just how evil and filthy
the board of the condominium I live in is.  Even the worst Anglo-Saxon
words could not describe how I feel about the garbage (meaning board members) that I have to
deal with daily.

Two days ago, a doorman called and said the police had put a sticker
on my car and were going to tow my car.  I assumed this was because
I had neglected to put the new registration sticker on my car, which I
have, but I have not been out of my apartment in months.  My Mother,
who is also not well, got a neighbor to go with her, and went downstairs,
and put the registration on my car.  (on a side note, the stickers now go
on the inside of the windshield instead of on the license plate because
of theft of license plates).

I thought this had taken care of the problem, but I was wrong.  Yesterday
a board member came up and said the police would tow my car unless
I moved it.  We have lived here almost 10 years, and my car has been
parked in various spots for months at a time, and it's never been a problem
before.  I called the police department and they said that a car can not be
parked in the same spot on the street for more than 24 hours.  I said I
am disabled and can't go out everyday to move my car.  They said that
doesn't matter.  I said you mean to tell me that if I move my car back
one space, that's what it takes?  She said:  "make it 2 spaces to be safe".
They also said that they usually don't enforce the law unless someone
makes a complaint, but she said it is possible that a passing policeman
just saw my car there for a long time.  B***S***!

I next called the President of the Fair Housing Association, who said
that this is a law, HOWEVER, Condominium Laws state that my
building HAS TO PROVIDE OFF-STREET PARKING FOR
DISABLED TENANTS!  I never knew that before.  He said I should
write a letter to my board and tell them that they have to provide me
a space.  I said I don't have time for that.  So I called a board member
and told him the law.  He started to say there were no off-street
spaces left.  When I said I would pay for a space, he said:  "that's
what I wanted to hear".  So now my car is parked in back of my building,
a block away. Too far for me to walk to.  The man that came out to
jumpstart my car moved it there for me.  Coincidentally, I put my
new Hugo X5 Rolling Walker together yesterday.  But even that will
not get me too my car where it is parked now.  It would have gotten me
to my car when it was parked on the street however.  This building does
not have proper handicapped access, and the board is still breaking
the law by not allowing the doormen to help people in and out of
the building.  I'm going to take care of that soon...

I today found out that I may be able to get permission from the
MVD to park on the street in the same spot for as long as I want.

I just want to live in peace, but there are those who don't let you
live in peace.  But what goes around comes around.  When
we moved in here, the (then) President of the board used to make
fun of the way I walked to my face.  A few years later he fell
and broke his hip and died from complications.  Treat others
as you wish to be treated..

Kevin