Bee venom therapy is used to treat arthritis pain and works for some.  I
have not heard of it used for MS or other conditions.  The cheap laugh for
me is I am allergic to bees!

  _____

From: Regina Rummel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2007 6:03 PM
To: tmic-list@eskimo.com
Subject: [TMIC] Bee Venom Therapy

On a Memorial Day barbecue at my daughter's, a neighbor asked me the usual,
"what is my problem walking"?  My favorite question, right?  Well, to be
polite, I gave him a simple explanation and he really seemed interested and
with some knowledge of autoimmune disorders.  Told me of someone he knew who
has MS, etc.

And then, he mentioned bees' venom, and that perhaps I should try it.  I
thought he was joking and I laughed as I really relish and enjoy a good
laugh, but he was not joking.   He said he could administer it himself, knew
where to get the bees, etc.  He asked my email address to send me details
and so on...  I could hardly get through reading the journal of this man
with MS who would obviously try anything.  He mentioned in the  journal
taking low dose maltrexone.  I checked on line at lowdosenaltrexone.org
seems it can boost the immune system.  I never heard of anyone in the group
taking that.

Anyway, this Bee Venom Therapy also called Bee Sting Therapy or Apitherapy
intrigued me after I stopped laughing.  I'm wondering if anyone ever heard
of it, and if I should forward it to the group. I don't think I should.  Let
me know what you think.