When we are in Maine, my "Honey" volunteers at Freeport Comunity Services. She
volunteers at the thrift shop, but across the hall is a woman who organizes the
volunteers.  Bowdoin College college in the next town, Brunswick, has a
requirement of volunteering for graduation.  Many local high school students
volunteer- it looks great on your college application.  When we needed the sofa
moved to another room, we just called.  Three High School Football players
arrived after school several days later, and it was done in 5 minutes.

I'm sure if I asked, they would find someone to do my shopping.

Does your town have a Department of Community Services?  Call the town Hall and
ask for help.  Or call a local High School and ask the Home Economics teacher
for help- she could find some students to shop for you.  Call your local
hospital, and ask to talk with social worker, and ask for help.

Are you religious?  Call your local church and ask for help!! Call Salvation
Army!!

Are you a veteran?  Call your local VFW group!  Or call the local Veteran's
Administration.

Call the local M.S.  Society and ask for help

Call your local police department, and Fire depatment, too, ask for help.

My finger hurts- have to stop.....