I actually thought that we had an over-active immune system - it's on and
doesn't know when to stop which causes the immune system to attack different
parts ofallergic t our body which our immune system doesn't reconize as a part
of the whole body and not an outside invader.

I attribute my hay-wire immune system to all the steriods I've had to take over
the years due to being allergic to so many anti-biotics.  The steriods shuts
the immune system down, then when you go off the steriods, your immune system
kicks back in.  Like a light switch, after a while of so many off/on's it wears
down and BANG your immune system goes and attacks anything in sight - with TM
it's the sheath around the spinal cord - with colitis it's the colon, etc.

Candy K.