Hi Gang,

I know that we've discussed the Lyrica/Neurontin conversions,  controversies,
etc, but I have a question that I'd like some feedback  on.

I am on a high dose of Neurontin and starting to lower my  dosage after being
on the Lyrica for three weeks.  I have 50 mg capsules,  and have added one
capsule a day per week for the past three weeks.

For the first week with one capsule I had really horrible  fatigue, like
falling asleep almost every time that I got too comfy.  Then  the second week
with
two capsules I started feeling less fatigue, until the  third week where I
was very mentally clear and very little increased fatigue at  all.

At the end of three weeks I was so very mentally clear,  so much that it was
really noticed by my family.  I mean my  brothers and sisters, who don't see
me everyday.  They said that I didn't  talk like I was in a fog anymore.  So,
the Lyrica has done that for me for  sure, cleared up the fogginess, and for
that I am so thankful.  I feel  like I can form my thoughts and actually
execute
some of them.  And, talk  in real sentences, amazing!

On Saturday I started to decrease my Neurontin by 400mg, once  a day.  I'm
supposed to decrease by this much each week if I can  tolerate.  My problem is
that I have been having so much pain in my legs  during the night.  It's like
my body loved the extra Lyrica that it had,  but doesn't like losing the
Neurontin.  I can understand this as I wasn't  having effective pain control
for
quite some time just using the Neurontin,  but........... My spasms are worse,
so
I have had to increase my Baclofen also,  but the neuro told me that I was on
a very low dose and I could increase as  needed.

Is this the same kind of thing that happened to others who  made the change
from Neurontin to Lyrica or not?   Can you please  let me know how your
transition went and what worked for you? I know  that at some point I will get
higher dosage of Lyrica, but I will have to  decrease my Neurontin before that
will happen.  I know that there is a  transition period for my body to adjust.
think this is going to be a  really long haul though.

I appreciate any feedback that comes my way.

Hugs, Barbara A