  From: randy rankin<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  To: Stacy Harim<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Sent: Monday, September 17, 2007 5:10 PM
  Subject: Re: [TMIC] Hi Stacy

  Stacy -

  Don't feel bad about graduating when you are 35. I started working on my
doctorate at 38 - now I'm 40 and hope to graduate in another year or two. TM
hit me the same DAY that I started school - can you believe it?

  Instead of being in class, or at work, i was in the hospital paralyized from
the waist down. Had I not listen to that inner voice, instead of the idiots at
work, it would have been full paraylized with loss of blatter instead of have a
partial problem with my right leg. Thank God I walked ---- well limped and drug
myself off the job and went to the clinic. My boss wrote me up for defiance but
they all back tracted when they realized how much trouble they were about to
get into.

  Keep working on your school - slowly but surely you'll have it out of the
way!!

  Stacy Harim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    Hi Jude,

    I'm pretty OK.  I was trying to give Regina a glimmer of hope.  I believe
that any of us that have to deal with the physical/mental after affects of TM
or ADEM are brave.  I know I will get out of this bed soon.  I won't be the
same as I was before the spinal fusion but I still have my arms and with work,
I will be more independent again.  I was going to school for social work so I
can help others with disabilities and plan to finish when I can.  I did have a
down time in May before I broke my back when everyone was graduating bc I was
also supposed to graduate and I still have 2 years left.  I am only 33 but it
does get discouraging to think I'll be 35 before I'm finished.  I have a lot of
debt to pay off and want to one day own a house and have it paid off before I
retire which seems it  might be impossible but in reality I know its not.

    I think we do learn from each other and without this and that quadlist, I
would be lost without knowing what to do. I do more reading here hence the lace
of replies but it doesn't mean I don't get anything out of it.

    Thanks to you all,
    Stacy