It almost sounds like an allergic reaction to something. You  might try an
antihistamine (if it's ok with your other medicines) and see if it  helps.

I had hives (itchy whelps) once while on amoxicillen. I'd  taken it with no
problem before. It was miserable -- itchy red whelps everywhere  -- eventually
even my lips were swollen. It was over a weekend so I took  Benadryl, which
helped, but also knocked me out. I ended up having to go to the  ER on Monday,
not because it was an emergency, but because when I called my  doctor's office
he was out. If I had known I'd be doing that, I would have gone  ahead and
gone in over the weekend. He gave me a shot of something, I don't  remember
what,
and referred me to a dermatologist. I don't remember what the  treatment was,
but it took a while to work out of my system.

An allergic reaction can cause breathing problems -- if there  is any sign of
that happening, call 911 right away.

Barbara H.
_http://barbarah.wordpress.com/_ (http://barbarah.wordpress.com/)

In a message dated 9/22/2007 2:53:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time,