From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2007 8:49 AM
To: Tim Holder (Work); tmic-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [TMIC] October Birthdays

Hi Tim,

Now that I know about your birthday -- which I didn't before -- I'll add you to
the list. :-)

To all -- I only know if people tell me when their birthdays are, which is why
I put the little addendum every month about letting me know if there are any
additions or corrections. If any of you are new the last few years and don't
know if you're birthday is on the master list and want to be remembered, let me
know -- you don't have to wait til the month of your birthday to send it in.

Tim, I so agree with what you said about a Father who loves us and grieves with
us and goes with us every step of the way. Your last few sentences reminded me
of one passage I lean heavily on from I Corinthians 12:

8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.

 9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is
made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my
infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in
persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I
strong.

I can't honestly say I "take pleasure" in my infirmities yet, but I do know His
grace is sufficient, and I take pleasure in that.

Barbara H.

http://barbarah.wordpress.com/ <http://barbarah.wordpress.com/>

In a message dated 10/2/2007 9:38:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL