I agree that this forum is no  place for either politics or religion.  There
are plenty of sites for  either of those topics and people debate with a
vengeance for what they  believe.  Visit those sites if that's what you're
looking
for.

When I ask for you to pray for me  I am completely sincere.  My father was a
deacon in the church and I  was raised to believe in God and the Bible.

I have certainly not always  followed the Ten Commandments...not even one of
them.  Although the  older I get the stronger my belief in God as my higher
power  becomes.  Of course, I realize that I am no saint.  My belief  system is
growing as my need for something to hang on to grows.  The  closer to death I
become, the easier it is to believe in the Bible and the  acts therein.

When I was taken to the hospital  the last two times, the doctors and nurses
had to use the paddles on me  and that is extremely sobering to hear about.  I
was literally a  heartbeat away from death and I had no near death experience
which makes  it even more scary.

Facing death makes believing in  something like the Bible and God easier to
conceive of.  The  immediacy and finality of death brought with it the need for
 something strong and bigger than we human beings.  I needed Jesus and  His
Gift to hang on to.  Without Him and the story of the Bible, I  could find
nothing to believe in.

There are millions of books in  libraries around the world.  But no other
book is opened and  read more often than the Bible.  Of course other religions
have  their own books of Prayer and belief in a Redeemer.  To each, his  own.

I want to be prayed for.  I  need to be prayed for.  And I appreciate every
single prayer sent to  Heaven on my behalf.  I will pray for you as well if you
believe as I  do.  Even if you don't believe like me I will pray for your
peace of  mind and health for your body.

I promise never to belay this  topic again.  I think enough has been said by
this big voice.   So, continue to pray for me...for relief from this constant
barrage of  pain, for relief of the infections coursing through my blood, and
for  relief of the pressure sores and the infections that started it  all.

Thank you, from your constant  admirer,
Jude

.