  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  To: TMIC-LIST@eskimo.com
  Sent: Sunday, October 26, 2008 4:16 AM
  Subject: [TMIC] About Prayer

        I agree that this forum is no place for either politics or religion.
There are plenty of sites for either of those topics and people debate with a
vengeance for what they believe.  Visit those sites if that's what you're
looking for.

        When I ask for you to pray for me I am completely sincere.  My father
was a deacon in the church and I was raised to believe in God and the Bible.

        I have certainly not always followed the Ten Commandments...not even
one of them.  Although the older I get the stronger my belief in God as my
higher power becomes.  Of course, I realize that I am no saint.  My belief
system is growing as my need for something to hang on to grows.  The closer to
death I become, the easier it is to believe in the Bible and the acts therein.

        When I was taken to the hospital the last two times, the doctors and
nurses had to use the paddles on me and that is extremely sobering to hear
about.  I was literally a heartbeat away from death and I had no near death
experience which makes it even more scary.

        Facing death makes believing in something like the Bible and God easier
to conceive of.  The immediacy and finality of death brought with it the need
for something strong and bigger than we human beings.  I needed Jesus and His
Gift to hang on to.  Without Him and the story of the Bible, I could find
nothing to believe in.

        There are millions of books in libraries around the world.  But no
other book is opened and read more often than the Bible.  Of course other
religions have their own books of Prayer and belief in a Redeemer.  To each,
his own.

        I want to be prayed for.  I need to be prayed for.  And I appreciate
every single prayer sent to Heaven on my behalf.  I will pray for you as well
if you believe as I do.  Even if you don't believe like me I will pray for your
peace of mind and health for your body.

        I promise never to belay this topic again.  I think enough has been
said by this big voice.  So, continue to pray for me...for relief from this
constant barrage of pain, for relief of the infections coursing through my
blood, and for relief of the pressure sores and the infections that started it
all.

        Thank you, from your constant admirer,
        Jude

        .

  Play online games for FREE at Games.com! All of your favorites, no
registration required and great graphics – check it out!