Greetings from Maine,

Never forget the fundamental principle of Physician/Patient/Placebo/hypnotic
effect.

Let's say that I'm the Doctor.  You have waited 20 plus minutes, dressed only
in your socks and a cold paper "Smock." I enter the room in my.... dressed like
marcus welby MD.  I tell you I know your disease, what is wrong with you (Hog
wash) and tell you to take these pills and your pain will decrease.

Your pain decreases even though the pills were sugar.

Physicians have been using this for thousands of years!!

To understand would take lots of time and effort- Eight to twelve years perhaps.