Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 14:28:43 -0800
From: tmic-digest-requ...@eskimo.com
Subject: tmic-digest Digest V2009 #20
To: tmic-dig...@eskimo.com

--Forwarded Message Attachment--

tmic-digest Digest                              Volume 2009 : Issue 20

Today's Topics:
  [TMIC] Washington Post article/Intra  [ "Trudy Ogilvie" <mother...@gmail.co ]
  RE: [TMIC] Washington Post article/I  [ "Gerry Surette" <suret...@sympatico ]

--Forwarded Message Attachment--
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 13:16:24 -0500
From: mother...@gmail.com
To: snow121...@hotmail.com
CC: tmic-list@eskimo.com
Subject: [TMIC] Washington Post article/Intravenous immune globulin

Did anyone get a chance to read the Washington Post article I sent out. A young
teenager was given intravenous immune globulin." at Children's hospital after
he was diagnosed with Transverse Myelitis, when the steroids didn't work. Two
weeks later he walked out and has made the basketball team at his college. I
asked my neuro about this and she said that it was too late for me, but if I
insisted she would help me work with Medicare (they really give you a hard
time!) to give it a try. Tho she said I would have to have these infusions
every 8 weeks or so for the rest of  my life? She did say that she doubted very
much that it would help at all.....

Has anyone here ever had these infusions...??

Carol I was wondering if you could talk to your neuro?   Just a thought!

Also I use the same quote as you but it's only on my Hotmail account.. It was
nice to see it again!

Trudy

--Forwarded Message Attachment--
yes I have had that treatment twice; having had ItP this procedure helped
raise my white blood cell count. It didn't help me otherwise; the treament
last 4 to 5 hours intravenously from 3 to 5 days at a strech. If you go to
the hospital to have the trreatments my hemotologist recemmended I have
someone with me on my way home. Scince the "bag" is keept cold prior to use
they usually cover you up with a blanket. otherwise I had no side effects.
the nurse who gave me the treatment was gorgeous so the day went by fast

>From: "Trudy Ogilvie" <mother...@gmail.com>
>To: "C E" <snow121...@hotmail.com>
>CC: tmic-list@eskimo.com
>Subject: [TMIC] Washington Post article/Intravenous immune globulin
>Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 13:16:24 -0500
>
>Did anyone get a chance to read the Washington Post article I sent out. A
>young teenager was given intravenous immune globulin." at Children's
>hospital after he was diagnosed with Transverse Myelitis, when the steroids
>didn't work. Two weeks later he walked out and has made the basketball team
>at his college. I asked my neuro about this and she said that it was too
>late for me, but if I insisted she would help me work with Medicare (they
>really give you a hard time!) to give it a try. Tho she said I would have
>have these infusions every 8 weeks or so for the rest of  my life? She did
>say that she doubted very much that it would help at all..... Has anyone
>here ever had these infusions...??
>
>Carol I was wondering if you could talk to your neuro?   Just a thought!
>
>Also I use the same quote as you but it's only on my Hotmail account.. It
>was nice to see it again!
>Trudy

Keep in touch and up to date with friends and family. Make the connection now.