beter results as oral medication. Most of the time you get a high dose for
three or five days and in some cases medication to build it off. It is bad
stuff, but most of us had a good benefit.

Wim from Holland.> Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 17:57:18 -0500> From:
wolft...@optonline.net> To: marieke...@hotmail.com; tmic-list@eskimo.com>
Subject: [TMIC] IVIG> > > Does IVIG reduce inflammation? I think a doctor wants
to try it on me, > but they> want me to have a nerve biopsy first and I don't
want to because I've > read that> a nerve biopsy can cause permanent numbness
in the biopsy site, and I don't> want or need any more numbness. However, I may
get desperate enough> to do this because I don't want to live this way if
there's a chance of > improvement.> > Kevin> > > > > > > marieke dufresne
wrote:> > RE: IVIG, I had it after the first 3 weeks of TM. I had it every day
> > for 5 days. There is no reason to have it more often UNLESS you have a > >
recurring autoimmune disorder, ie: if your TM is recurring. No point > > if you
had ONE attack many years ago, it would not change anything now.> > I got some
movement back following the IVIG, but no one knows if it > > was due to that or
the steroids or....> > Marieke RN> > TM @T1 since March 2004> >> >
------------------------------------------------------------------------> >
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 14:28:43 -0800> > From: tmic-digest-requ...@eskimo.com>
> Subject: tmic-digest Digest V2009 #20> > To: tmic-dig...@eskimo.com> >> >> >>
> --Forwarded Message Attachment--> >> > tmic-digest Digest Volume 2009 : Issue
20> > > > Today's Topics:> > [TMIC] Washington Post article/Intra [ "Trudy
Ogilvie" <mother...@gmail.co ]> > RE: [TMIC] Washington Post article/I [ "Gerry
Surette" <suret...@sympatico ]> > > >> >> > --Forwarded Message Attachment--> >
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 13:16:24 -0500> > From: mother...@gmail.com> > To:
snow121...@hotmail.com> > CC: tmic-list@eskimo.com> > Subject: [TMIC]
Washington Post article/Intravenous immune globulin> >> > Did anyone get a
chance to read the Washington Post article I sent > > out. A young teenager was
given intravenous immune globulin." at > > Children's hospital after he was
diagnosed with Transverse Myelitis, > > when the steroids didn't work. Two
weeks later he walked out and has > > made the basketball team at his college.
I asked my neuro about this > > and she said that it was too late for me, but
if I insisted she would > > help me work with Medicare (they really give you a
hard time!) to give > > it a try. Tho she said I would have to have these
infusions every 8 > > weeks or so for the rest of my life? She did say that she
doubted > > very much that it would help at all.....> > Has anyone here ever
had these infusions...??> >> > Carol I was wondering if you could talk to your
neuro? Just a thought!> >> > Also I use the same quote as you but it's only on
my Hotmail account.. > > It was nice to see it again!> > Trudy> >> >> >> >> >
--Forwarded Message Attachment--> > Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 15:47:55 -0500> >
From: suret...@sympatico.ca> > To: mother...@gmail.com> > CC:
tmic-list@eskimo.com> > Subject: RE: [TMIC] Washington Post article/Intravenous
immune globulin> >> > yes I have had that treatment twice; having had ItP this
procedure helped > > raise my white blood cell count. It didn't help me
otherwise; the treament > > last 4 to 5 hours intravenously from 3 to 5 days at
a strech. If you go to > > the hospital to have the trreatments my hemotologist
recemmended I have > > someone with me on my way home. Scince the "bag" is
keept cold prior to use > > they usually cover you up with a blanket. otherwise
I had no side effects. > > the nurse who gave me the treatment was gorgeous so
the day went by fast> > > > > > >From: "Trudy Ogilvie" <mother...@gmail.com>> >
>To: "C E" <snow121...@hotmail.com>> > >CC: tmic-list@eskimo.com> > >Subject:
[TMIC] Washington Post article/Intravenous immune globulin> > >Date: Sun, 11
Jan 2009 13:16:24 -0500> > >> > >Did anyone get a chance to read the Washington
Post article I sent out. A> > >young teenager was given intravenous immune
globulin." at Children's> > >hospital after he was diagnosed with Transverse
Myelitis, when the steroids> > >didn't work. Two weeks later he walked out and
has made the basketball team> > >at his college. I asked my neuro about this
and she said that it was too> > >late for me, but if I insisted she would help
me work with Medicare (they> > >really give you a hard time!) to give it a try.
Tho she said I would have > > >to> > >have these infusions every 8 weeks or so
for the rest of my life? She did> > >say that she doubted very much that it
would help at all..... Has anyone> > >here ever had these infusions...??> > >>
> >Carol I was wondering if you could talk to your neuro? Just a thought!> > >>
> >Also I use the same quote as you but it's only on my Hotmail account.. It> >
>was nice to see it again!> > >Trudy> > > >> >
Blijf altijd op de hoogte van wat jouw vrienden doen
http://home.live.com