From: gor...@earthlink.net
Date: 1/29/2009 11:56:08 AM
To: tmic-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [TMIC] Bladder control

I am in diapers 24/7 due to incontinence of both types.

I had a really fun test where they filled my bladder with liquid (water or
saline - something like that) and monitored the signal to/from the brain
that says "PEEEEEEE."  By the way, the method by which they monitored this
was with a wire they stuck up between my ohemmm and my ahemmm - too fun.  So
I reached 900cc and still no signal.  They stopped the test so I didn't get
a stretched bladder.  The doc had wanted to know why I was having problems
with sudden geysers of urine and no warning.

Point of all this was supposed to tell them how my bladder communicated
because having too much urine collect in the bladder may cause it to back up
into the kidneys and harm the kidneys to the point of potentially requiring
future dialysis or transplant.  They set me up with catheters and all the
related supplies so I could drain my bladder at regular intervals and
prevent back-ups.  This hasn't been too successful because I can't feel my
hands and can't feel down there - making getting the cath in a very
interesting activity.

Your husband is obviously getting a signal to urinate, just too frequently.
This could be tm or something else, but there are meds that can reduce the
number of trips he has to make, if this is indicated.  Best wishes.