  From: gbthomas8...@sbcglobal.net
  To: Westgold ; Amanda Diskey ; tmic-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 10:05 AM
  Subject: Re: [TMIC] stem cell (OT?)

  Our former president, George W. Bush, so direspectfully referred to on this
list as "dumdum," was simply against the use of our tax money for embryonic
stem cell research in consideration for those opposed, on moral grounds, to the
use of aborted fetuses. Stem cell research  was not stopped.  It has widely
been proclaimed  (even on this "list") that adult stem cell research has
actually been more successful than embryonic cell research.

  http://www.stemcellresearchfacts.com/

  What should be of concern is the attitude, manifest in the new presidential
administration,  of disregard for sanctity of life.  Surely such thinking in
our governmental leadership would tend to provoke questioning as to compassion
for TM'ers, especially those in adult years.  Rather an irony-- a claim to
compassion to help the suffering yet being quick to reinstate tax money for
research which gives a boost to the abortion industry!

   I am not, by far, as learned as I would like to be on this subject, but just
wish to include the opposite side to those who seem to hear that fetal
embryonic research is the only answer to finding relief for those suffering
from conditions such as ours (and, of course, worse).

  Gary in Michigan