  From: Cody and Judy Kidwell
  To: TMIC ; Jim Lubin
  Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 6:38 PM
  Subject: Re: [TMIC] stem cell (OT?)

  Jim.....I agree with you completely and I like your explanations for your
position on using stem cells. My daughter saved the umbilical cord blood from
my last grandson in hopes that it may be of some benefit from me or him if
necessary. I do have feelings that haunt me regarding using these stem cells to
help my situation. This is due to the fact that I am so tired of not standing
or walking, dealing with constant bladder and bowel issues, and the 24/7 nerve
pain that varies in intensity regardless of medication. I realize there are
many who are worse than me with their TM.
       The reality for me is that if suddenly there was a myelin regeneration
cocktail that was made from and could only be made from embryonic stem cells
and I was hearing about success stories related to the treatment, I am not so
sure I would be able to stick to my guns. The reality is that I might have to
get in that line. I have three precious grandchildren and a whole neighborhood
full of children that I have, for the most part, adopted as my own
grandchildren. I have participated in numerous infant baptisms and I take my
responsibnility toward all childen very seriously. I kind of relate it to the
fox hole Christian logic. When the atheist has been pinned down from gun fire
in his foxhole he just may be tempted to say a paryer or two. Just curious if
you have had similar thoughts.................Cody in Austin