  From: Betty Shaffer
  To: tmic-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Sunday, April 19, 2009 12:03 PM
  Subject: [TMIC] transverse myelitis

  I'm a new subscriber to the TM internet club and find the messages
interesting.
  I was diagnosed with T.M. ( Cl and C 2 level) in 2004 at the age of 77.
  Numb from my toes up to and inclucing my neck, I rar3ly feel pain but have
much discomfort from the banding, especially in my torso and neck.  I walk well
with a walker, but need my eyes to tell me where my feet ( and seat) are.
Without the walker , balance is a problem.

  Anybody have problems similiar to those ?  I live in a retirement home where
I'm able to walk and to exercise 5 days a week, and I know this helps.
  There is no support group in the area

  Betty in Oregon