I agree with what several others have said: I'd do ahead and  RSVP so they
can make adequate preparations and then see how you feel when the  time
comes. Sometimes I am fine answering questions and want to spread awareness
about TM that way: sometimes I can kind of close in on myself and not really
want to get into it. I'd prepare a short response for anyone who asks (I
think I  used to say something like "I had an auto-immune attack on my spine")
and then  go further if they want to talk about it more and you feel like it,
or change  the subject if you don't.

But would I let the fact of having TM keep me from such a  gathering? No.
As others have said, a lot of people in your class will have gone  through
any number of situations, too, in the mean time.

Barbara H.
_http://barbarah.wordpress.com_ (http://barbarah.wordpress.com)

In a message dated 7/1/2009 11:47:46 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,