When I have personal-type posts, I send them out individually, rather than post
them to this list.
Controversies are avoided this way.

BobbyJim in Elvisland
  From: roseofr...@aol.com      To: tmic-list@eskimo.com      Sent: Thursday,
July 23, 2009 12:53 PM
  Subject: [TMIC] Re: THE 'FYI' I SENT TO THE LIST YESTERDAY...

  >>>I would prefer that we refrain from such postings and discussions on the
list.>>>

  The posting I sent was simply "for your information" because I feel we need
  to know what's happening with our health care and our personal information.
  We don't have to have a discussion about it.....

  I have been on this list now for approx. 12 years....and I very rarely sent
  posts to the list unless I felt it may be helpful to someone.
  I never send jokes or forwards....they have nothing to do with our
situations...
  I have many friends on this list and send the jokes, etc. privately.
  I don't want to offend anyone....ever.....so please just hit the "delete"
button
  if you feel it doesn't apply to you.
      ~ Lynn