Hi everybody,

I'm hoping you guys can help point me in the right direction.  There are so
many of us on the TM site there's just got to be someone who knows somebody
with the same or similar dilemma.

Most of you know that I've had Sjogrens for 20+ years (unfortunately,
progressive and aggressive) and 7 yrs ago TM came into my life.  I am on heavy
chemo meds (Imuran and Rituxan infusions) to suppress my immune system to keep
it from attacking my body.  Last Sept I had a "minor" surgery to repair a torn
meniscus in my knee, and my body went into the longest, hardest relapse I've
ever had.  I'm just now getting my arms and hands "back" - I think this is as
much as I'll get this time.  Almost everything else has gradually come back.
My one huge problem is that my KNEES took the biggest hit - my doctors said it
was because they were the weakest part of my body at the time.  I have infected
knees (right one to the bone) and am walking (trying) on bone on bone knees.
They both need to be replaced.  And, I have TM, so already my walking is not
that pretty.

I was sent out of state to a surgeon who does a special knee replacement
surgery that is less invasive.  Long trip, big disappointment.  He will NOT do
surgery on me either because of the "aftermath"  - said it would be like doing
brain surgery due to my autoimmune diseases.  Well that's fine - I have always
wanted to do anything but the surgery, but was given no OTHER choices.

And, I am still being given NO options.  So I've done some of my own research.
What about physical therapy to get my thigh and quad muscles built up so they
can take some of the load off my knee joints? (I'm a fairly small person so
we're not talking about losing 50 lbs and that would make things all better)
Water therapy?  I'm not quite sure how to get these muscles built up when my
knees hurt so bad I can hardly bend them, but there has to be a way.  My
doctors have kind of given up on me, which at first shocked me, now I'm just
really mad.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys,

Linda