I always had problems with my knees-- they slipped out . I grew too fast, had flat feet, wore orthopedic shoes and knee braces throughout high school... i remember wearing a flowered mini dress i had sewn and loved and wearing knee braces..... I was told there was a surgery to fix them for me but at the time--- now 40 years ago--- they only gave me 60/40 odds. I didn't want to be lame and so I cast about for a solution.
Swimming was wonderful...but before i discovered swimming I did yoga.

Yoga helped enormously back then. And now there are way more practitioners than when I studied. I watched Richard Hittleman faithfully on New York's Channel 13. I mourn TM's theft of my ability to walk or stand and wish you the best in your efforts to retain that.