I am totally convinced it was the preservative (Thimerosol) in  the
vaccine that caused my TM....and my neuro  concurs.
It's a very difficult thing to actually prove since there are  so many
things that can cause TM.
I remember the day I got the shot....the nurse was extolling  the virtues
of that vaccine...telling me how it was going to prevent me  from getting
ALL of the strains of flu viruses out there .
After I got the shot she handed me a copy of the  paperwork
I had signed......when I got home I read it and one of the  side effects
listed was Transverse Myelitis.  That day I didn't know  what TM was so
didn't think much of it until I was hit, paralyzed and  diagnosed.
Wish I'd read the paperwork FIRST but we tend to believe  whatever
our health care providers tell us.

My suggestion to anyone considering getting the swine flu  vaccine or the
seasonal flu vaccine is this:  insist on a preservative-free vaccine.
   ~ Lynn

In a message dated 9/1/2009 7:46:33 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,