Lynn, you are so right on the Vit. D.   I also take doses of Vit. D and
calcium.  I take unusually high doses of Vit. D daily and weekly because I only
have 1/2 of the min. Vit. D in my blood test.  But, since taking the high doses
of Vit. D, my Lupus and Sjogren's hasn't acted up and the added bonus has
been only 1 or 2 colds in the 3 years.  I use to have at least 1 cold every 2
or 3 months - which Dr. said was allergies but now I wonder.  I never once had
the doctors request blood test for vit. levels.

It is VERY important to also have bone scans done - both women and men.  In 3
years with TM, I went from a low normal bone mass reading to a severe bone loss
reading especially of the spine.  Now I'm taking daily shots of Forteo to
hopefully build the bones back up.  During the whole time I was taking Boniva
but still experienced the bone mass loss.

Most of my problems stem from an ileostomy (complete removal of large intestine
and rectum) and I don't absorb alot of the vit. and minerals from foods nor
vitamins so I have to take high doses internally.  Most vitamins are made to
take internally and not by injection, I do  wish there were more.

I do have bladder issues but because of the ileostomy, no BM problems.  I also
don't have weight problems and eat just about anything in any quantities that I
like.  I can also lose 3 to 5 lbs. within a couple of days.  However, I have to
watch for diarrhea and becoming dehydrated.  So in some ways the ileostomy is a
blessing but in the vast majority it isn't.  Oh well, you win some and lose
some!

Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly!
Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably .
And never regret anything that made you smile.

Prayers and thoughts for you and yours,

Candy K.