I had a myelogram in 1995. I don't think they *could* extract the dye
(contrast material) -- once it enters your spinal column I would think it
would mix in with the spinal fluid. If they extracted dye, they'd extract
spinal fluid, too. My understanding was that it was one of those things that
was filtered out through your kidneys and eventually left your body through
your urine. Unless that's what was meant -- that the dye for some reason
stayed there and didn't filter out.

Barbara H.
http://barbarah.wordpress.com