I don't understand how most hospitals do their MRIs in 2 hours (give or take), but the most time I've ever spent in one is 30 minutes..and that's when I did it with and without contrast...?

Laura

On 12/11/2009 7:35 PM, Laurie Zissimos wrote:
Had my annual evaluation with Dr Kerr yesterday after a 2+ hour MRI. The MRI preliminary report says there is "no evidence for abnormal cord signal to suggest transverse myelitis". I was blown away to learn that the myelin had all "regrown" after 4 years. Of course, I still can't walk without a walker and that is only for ten minutes. Then I revert to the wheel chair. I assume now all I need if for the nerves to reconnect, lol. I would be happy to receive comments on this report as I am still baffled about the myelin. I thought the loss of myelin was the cause of the paralysis.

Dr Kerr also recommended that I start taking Topamax because I complained about the weight gain associated with the Lyrica. The side effects are kind of scarey. I wondered who was taking it and what their experience had been.

Looking forward to all responses.

Laurie in Baltimore

-----Original Message-----
From: Amanda Diskey <adis...@yahoo.com>
To: tmic-list@eskimo.com
Sent: Thu, Nov 12, 2009 3:14 pm
Subject: [TMIC] Fw: chiropractor

----- Forwarded Message ----
*From:* Amanda Diskey <adis...@yahoo.com <mailto:adis...@yahoo.com>>
*To:* tmic-list@eskimo.com <mailto:tmic-list@eskimo.com>
*Sent:* Thu, November 12, 2009 3:14:13 PM
*Subject:* chiropractor

Does anyone here use a chiropractor or know if it is safe? My shoulders and neck hurt so bad, and I was wondering if it might help me. the lady i talked to also does massage which i will definitely do, but i was wondering about the getting adjusted part. it seems a little scary to me though. any advice or thoughts?
thanks
amanda