>  paralysis

Initially paralysis and a loss of sensation below a line from my left hip joint
to my right kidney. Detailed in
http://www.myelitis.org/tmic/archive/17/0091.html         Several months later
I was walking with forearm crutches, then excess tone spasticity caused another
problem.

>  bladder & bowel

No bowel problem, thank God.

For a year the bladder problem was dribbling.  It transitioned to a different
and hellish problem - the detrusor muscles squeeze involuntarily, and the
sphincter REFUSES to relax. The solution is an indwelling catheter, a Foley.

Alton