Well, herpes and shingles and zosters and other afflictions are related.   Part
of the neural system, I believe...... ergo the TM connection should be obvious.

BobbyJim in Elvisland
  From: Patricia Cooley          To: 'Betty Shaffer' ; tmic-list@eskimo.com
   Sent: Sunday, March 14, 2010 16:49
  Subject: RE: [TMIC] shingles

  Betty I had a severe case of shingles about 15 years ago.  Your pain sounds
much like that which I experienced.  It would come and go like someone was
sending electrical shocks through my body.  My rash was also around my waist,
from the belly button to the small of my back on my right side.  At that time,
the only thing they could give me was pain pills (thank heavens since it was
the worse pain I have had experienced even after 3 pregnancies).  I had cream
for the rash, but it didn't do any good.  Finally, I just used old fashioned
calamine lotion which helped to dry up the eruptions.  They don't really know
what causes TM, but many doctors feel that people who have had shingles are
more prone to it.

  Let me know if this helps or you have more questions.

  Patti - Wisconsin