I thought those with MS had the brain scars and we, TM, have spinal scars.
Janice

From: Amanda Diskey
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2010 2:48 PM
To: tmic-list@eskimo.com
Subject: [TMIC] ADEM

So, my doctor called from John Hopkins Hospital and he says that I don't have
transverse myelitis. Now he says that I have acute disseminated
encephalomyelitis.  I had my attack in August of 08 and now I don't know what
to think.  My neurologist here says that it is just a case of transverse
myelitis.  None of my brain MRIs have shown swelling.  The first MRI showed a
couple of white spots, and the one I had done in December said that it looked
better.  I had a biopsy done because they did a CAT scan of my chest and they
thought there were granulomas but when they did do the biopsy it came back
normal he said there were no granulomas the only side effect I have is the
swelling in my spine so I don't understand how he can say that I have acute
disseminated encephalomyelitis.  Every time they run tests they come back
normal blood work, CT scan, and biopsy.  My MRIs of my spine still look the
same, but none of the reports from the brain MRIs (the original or the recent
MRI)  have said anything about being abnormal.  Local neurologist says my brain
MRIs are clean even one when I had my attack this makes no sense.  Any advice?