Thank you all for yor kind replies to my question about beds.

I have a lot more research to do. I will try to get to a store, but
I don't know if that will be possible.

Kevin

Barbara Alma wrote:
Hi Kevin,
Ahh, the subject of a bed, it's just so very personal. I've had a firm mattress for many years due to some back problems. Nothing as serious as TM, but always needed the firm support for the past 20 or so years. I currently have a firm mattress with a pillowtop. It has the reinforced steel sides, so it doesn't dent in where you sit on the edge. As others have stated, the pillowtop gives the comfort on top of the support. Everyone of us has such different needs for comfort and support here. If you have the option of going out and trying out mattresses, that is really the best way to purchase. We tried many types, including the memory foam. The memory foam didn't work for me, as I have enough trouble rolling over on a regular mattress, but absolutely cannot roll over on a memory foam mattress. On the one we have, I can grab onto the side of the bed and get an assist, and it's so much easier to roll myself over and position myself where I want to be. The height of the mattress/bed frame, etc should also be taken into account for ease of getting in and out of bed or transferring when you think of your purchase. Good luck and I hope that you find something that will give you many years of comfortable sleeping in the future.

Hugs, Barbara A in Auburn CA