Fatigue is a symptom, as is pain. Ask about your levels of D, B12, whether you need folic acid, whether you are anemic.
You can attend to these  by diet and supplements.

When i was ambulatory and thought i was recovering I embarked on a course of acupuncture which helped enormously to relieve the electric shock pains and increased my feeling of general well being.

I didn't like steroids either and now harbor the suspicion that they set me up for the unresolved infection to take hold and paralyze me as my first bout was October 4, from which i recovered
and my second was November 14 at 3:04 am,  which has left me paralyzed.

I sadly did not receive enough physical therapy-- I would urge you and anyone to get as much as they can if you have some knowledgeable experts. I've had folks who knew what i needed and what to do for me and have had others that seem to work by rote...

Wishing you the best, healing and relief,
Akua