From: Cindy McLeroy <cindymcle...@socal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [TMIC] ot: medicare question
To: rn11...@yahoo.com, "Kevin Wolfthal" <wolft...@optonline.net>
Cc: tmic-list@eskimo.com
Date: Friday, August 27, 2010, 5:34 PM

Kevin, I totally agree with
Cheryl.  I am on long term disability and had insurance through my
company.  They were primary and since I already had good coverage I didn't
sign up for Part B when it was offered.  Turned out the people at my
company (it is a large well known one), didn't know that Medicare was supposed
to be the primary coverage, not the one the company offered.  At one point
the company thought they might even charge the LTD folks for the $$ they had
paid for our coverage.

The kicker was I
had to pay a 10% penality every year - I am up to over $140.00 a month
where most people are paying about $93 or something close.

Like Cheryl said, work with
Medicare and get everything in writing.  Even the people that should be
able to give you correct answers a lot of times really don't know.

Cindy McLeroy