Hi Jim,
    I'm sorry you had to join our group,but glad you found us.
    This bunch of caring individuals will be here for you. Ask about anything
and you will get help. As you can see from the posts here,everyone has bad
times. But the people here have been through it all,and understand what you are
feeling.
    This group has seen me through so much;just knowing you're not alone in
this helps.
    Do you have physical therapy? Are you on an antidepressant?
Don't get me wrong,you have every right to be depressed. The sudden onset of tm
is  horrible. I went from fine to paralyzed in about 5 hrs,had IV solumedrol
for a week,and left rehab after 37 days using a walker. Got better for a
while,used a cane and am now with the walker again. But so many residuals;
numbness,tingling,burning pain,a viselike feeling around my
trunk,hypersensitivity in some areas,extreme tiredness after doing very
little;the list goes on and on.
    You say you can't imagine living this way,but somehow you do go on. I once
thought I would fully recover and go back to my nursing job. Well,here I am
after more than 15 yrs-- a survivor of tm,plugging along and doing my best day
to day.
   I'm so sorry for all you've lost,but you have a family that loves you.  I
wiill say prayers for you and your family.
     Cheryl in Easthampton,MA.