Hello John;  In answer to your question, I was diagnosed in 1992 with pretty
good recovery except a straight catheter and extreme fatigue with any viral
infection.  A few years ago I started getting weaker.  In 2000 I had trouble
with BIH from the high protein in my spinal fluid.  Now all of the sudden I'm
weak as a kitten and can hardly get around.  The initial hit was between my
shoulder blades.  My arms weren't effected at first, but they now are.  I've
continued to work with intermittant leave until last August.  This they call
Latent TM.  I was told in the beginning, once I got well, it would probably
stay away.  I still have the feeling that there is a fist gripping between my
shoulder blades frequently, but the weakness is worse than it's ever been.  I'm
barely walking, but I am walking.  I fall alot.  Since 1992 some doctors have
learned about tm but many I've used have no idea.  I was actually laughed at
once for the burning sensation.  I said give me a felt marker.  I'll mark where
it burns, and you will find a dermatone diagram standing in front of you.  My
biggest issue now is how to adjust to disability.  I still have a mortgage over
my head.  I am a nurse who was working 12 hour shifts on her feet.  My only
problem was young nurses making fun when a foot dragged or I seemed to be
tiring out.  Today, I barely make it to 2 in the afternoon before it hurts to
hold my head up.  PT kills me.  The tiniest exercizes and I can't do anything
for 2 days without pain.  Somehow this doesn't feel latent to me.  I need all
the advice I can get, especially on disability issues and lifestyle
transitions.