After hospitalization and once off blood thinners, no one ordered blood tests for me for years.
I ordered for myself.
Checked D and calcium and asked for full screen.
Last fall got a physiatrist who ordered bone density and pulmonary function tests.

YEs- what i don't know has hurt me. I have had to be my own physician so you are right to ask.

I felt SO AFFIRMED to learn that  American hospitals mess up 30% of the time.
When I told friends how I was given the wrong meds for six weeks -- that someone messed up everyday andI caught it because I kept a log and notes and would check before I let them inject me or give me anything..... and how i complained about the the filth y clipboard that went from room to room and was put on my bed.... they didn't belive me.

I used to keep a three ring binder on TM -(now it's just file folders) -- did you ever get the SCI book from the Reeves Foundation -- incredibly helpful.

In addition to the TM association info, I get Action (shared the gait harness article with my PT), Neurology Now,

Hi Everyone!
I have been reading ,haven't posted in a while.
I hope Spring time is helping everyone.
I would like 2 know what tests - blood work etc your dr's order for you during the year. I am on baclofen ,topamax. Still with pain especially at night. as well as back pain and shrinking in right leg. Am wheelchair bound for most part with exception of toddler table walking (last few months) tm in july 07. I read most know where t this or t that. I didn't know that until I started this group as I was never told the area of where my tm hit. I do know I have to take responsibility for me. What do I need to ask for. In my area and now medical coverage
 I am  limited.  I have learned a lot from you guys.
Never realized that tm causes clinical depression.
Anyone know or have experience with hpt5. Or natural supplements for depression. I was on effexor then prozac now nothing. Feeling DOWN and don't want to spiral down again just as spring is here. May have rambled a bit - thanks 4 being out there!!