Roger--I used to feel that way most every day--I am a burden on my
family--too old to do anything but drink beer and watch TV.  I might as well
die.  They have worked very hard to improve my view on life--I am a
para--they wanted to get me into the State vocational rehab program and my
attitude was what, learn a new profession at 64?  Old dogs and new tricks,
right?  Well I am currently learning to be a computer architect and am being
trained on the auto cad system to draw house plans.  I love it!  I seem to
be a natural at it and am able to turn out a full set of drawings (8 pages)
in about a week.  I still have much to learn but it just goes to show that
even when you think you are a drag on society you may yet find a way to be a
useful contributor.