How do I find the group on Facebook?  Like what exactly do I type in  but I
don't know how to find you on facebook.

Jane/Splendora Tx

In a message dated 8/30/2011 9:07:32 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
hwyfli...@yahoo.com writes:

Hello all,

I'm still a member here too...and read every single post that comes  from
this group....
and this group still has it's place in the TM Community...because  for
some, this is the type of correspondence that they are comfortable  with...
But....I started the TM Folks group on Facebook first of all, for  those of
us that were already on Facebook and wanted to connect that  way....and
second, is because the majority of the "newbies" that are younger  and also the
ones that are now coming on board.....generally look to Facebook  for a
group that is pertinent to them...
I have had literally dozens of  people that have had TM for a long
time...and have never reached out to any of  the TM communities before...for
whatever reason.., and now they have decided  to reach out and they have gone
Facebook to look for others...
When I  made the TM Folks group....I made it so that it is a "closed"
group...meaning  that none of the posts that are made in there, can be seen by
anyone other  than the other members....so that assures us some privacy and
saves some of  our dignity too....because some of the things that are talked
about, are  obviously, of a very personal nature.
Other people within Facebook can  search for 'Transverse Myelitis" and the
group will appear,(except for the  posts) but a person has to request to be
allowed into the group, they can't  just join...
The one other thing that I like about the Facebook group...is  that you can
chat with others that are within the group.....if there are  others, that
are online and they are on your "friends" list...you have a  private group
chat box, and you can chat away.....
The one drawback as  Bobberino said...is that you do get inundated with
emails...every time someone  posts, an email gets sent out...
but, that can be changed, by editing your  settings in the group....It's a
very easy thing to do...
Anyway, the group  is extremely active...there is always something going
on, information being  put out there...or whatever...
I didn't mean this to be a "sales pitch" for the group...I just  wanted to
explain so that folks understand a little more about the Facebook  group...
As I said, this group here still has it's place....and hopefully  always wi
ll...because there are those that just feel more comfortable with  this type
of format...
and I'll continue to be a member for as long as this group stays  around
too...

Mindy Edwards-King and Greg Sapp are my co-admins on  there...

Thanks all....
and keep posting here...

Kevin Weilacher
N.E. Ohio (Canton)