On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 04:13:13PM -0500, J Raynor wrote:
> I use pipe-pane to capture the output of my sessions, but I would
> prefer not to have to spawn external processes to do so.  I've
> attached a patch that enables pipe-pane to write directly to a file.
> I realize the semantics are a little off;  you pipe to processes, not
> files.  But it's close.

Hmm.  I can't say I like this patch when you can use cat, or other tools,
regardless of their appearance in ps(1), or its perceived overhead in their
use.  I'd be interested in performance numbers if you can really show that
using cat, or something else makes things "bad".

> The functionality requires libevent2, so it won't work if you've got
> libevent1, though it should still compile.

Yuck.

-- Thomas Adam

--
"Deep in my heart I wish I was wrong.  But deep in my heart I know I am
not." -- Morrissey ("Girl Least Likely To" -- off of Viva Hate.)