On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 1:34 PM, Thomas Adam <tho...@xteddy.org> wrote:

> On 29 April 2015 at 19:24, Tony Narlock <t...@git-pull.com> wrote:
> > Here are the notifications that I need:
> >
> > - When an active pane is changed
> > - When window layouts changed
> > - When new pane is added to a window
> > - When a client detaches from a session
> > - Any changes for anything in the FORMATS info of a session/window/pane
> (I
> > suppose just the delta)
>
> Notify support handles this.
>
> > As it stands, in my third party application, I have to keep querying for
> > FORMATS manually.
>
> Correct.
>
> > Is there a way for control mode to listen to any of these? Is there any
> plan
>
> Have you actually tried it?  The point here is for this library to
> monitor the output from control mode and act accordingly.

I'm using 1.9 on Debian, here is the behavior I see:

Control mode is opened, however I don't get notifications for any of the
above.  I only really see layout-change when new sessions are made.

My intuition (and needs) expects that control mode should be notified of
all the server's notifications, regardless of which session a control mode
is "attached" to.

For layout-change, I don't get notifications for resizing panes or
switching layouts.