Hello Michael,

If I'm correct there is no correct way to deploy a java policy file when deploying an applet. So the easiest way would be to sign your applet. You can generate your own (test-)certificate for signing. Another possibility would be to start your emulator with webstart. This allows for easier policy file replacement or for unsecured deployment. Problem with applets is that a refresh of the web page will relaunch your applet and thus kill your 5250 session?

HTH,
Wim Van Leuven.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

10/05/2005 14:48

Please respond to
tn5250j-general@lists.sourceforge.net

tn5250j-general@lists.sourceforge.net
cc
Subject
[Tn5250j-general] Applet Deployment

Hi folks -

Installed tn5250j yesterday and got it working as an applet. Very nice
code...thanks for putting it together.

Question: Do I have this right? I either need to deploy a .java.policy
file to client PCs that want to access my iSeries, or I need to
digitally sign the applet.

Any good methods of deploying the .java.policy file?

Thanks...

- Michael