Well...things are different now. :) I removed the .java.policy from one
Windows machine, and now it's prompting me for a userid and
password...I'm not sure if it wants a network or iSeries
userid...doesn't seem to like either one. This one sits behind a proxy
server.

I tried a different machine (removed  the .java.policy) and get this:

Parameter -e is specified as:
access denied (java.util.PropertyPermission * read,write)
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
        at org.tn5250j.Screen5250.jbInit(Unknown Source)
        at org.tn5250j.Screen5250.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.tn5250j.Gui5250.jbInit(Unknown Source)
        at org.tn5250j.Gui5250.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.tn5250j.Session.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.tn5250j.SessionManager.openSession(Unknown Source)
        at org.tn5250j.My5250App.jbInit(Unknown Source)
        at org.tn5250j.My5250App.init(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
(java.util.PropertyPermission mrj.version read)
        at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPropertyAccess(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.System.getProperty(Unknown Source)
        at org.tn5250j.tools.system.OperatingSystem.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
        ... 10 more

Which I think is telling me that it loaded the TN5250j.jnlp file but
there's a problem with the permissions specified in the file.

Both PCs are at JSE 1.4..2 or higher.

Any ideas?

Thanks...

- Michael