Hello Michael,

what the error is telling you is that the 5250 code does not have the right to get the system properties. That is probably because you have removed the global policy file from the Java VM? The jnlp file contains the security sections <all-permission>? This should normally allow the code to have all permission on the PC. The JNLP file I have forwared shouls launch the emulator as if it was installed normally on the PC. So I have no idea where the uid and pwd prompting comes from.

Wim.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

10/05/2005 19:32

Please respond to
tn5250j-general@lists.sourceforge.net

tn5250j-general@lists.sourceforge.net
cc
Subject
RE: [Tn5250j-general] Applet Deployment

Well...things are different now. :) I removed the .java.policy from one
Windows machine, and now it's prompting me for a userid and
password...I'm not sure if it wants a network or iSeries
userid...doesn't seem to like either one. This one sits behind a proxy
server.

I tried a different machine (removed  the .java.policy) and get this:

Parameter -e is specified as:
access denied (java.util.PropertyPermission * read,write)
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
                at org.tn5250j.Screen5250.jbInit(Unknown Source)
                at org.tn5250j.Screen5250.<init>(Unknown Source)
                at org.tn5250j.Gui5250.jbInit(Unknown Source)
                at org.tn5250j.Gui5250.<init>(Unknown Source)
                at org.tn5250j.Session.<init>(Unknown Source)
                at org.tn5250j.SessionManager.openSession(Unknown Source)
                at org.tn5250j.My5250App.jbInit(Unknown Source)
                at org.tn5250j.My5250App.init(Unknown Source)
                at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
(java.util.PropertyPermission mrj.version read)
                at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
                at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
                at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPropertyAccess(Unknown Source)
                at java.lang.System.getProperty(Unknown Source)
                at org.tn5250j.tools.system.OperatingSystem.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
                ... 10 more

Which I think is telling me that it loaded the TN5250j.jnlp file but
there's a problem with the permissions specified in the file.

Both PCs are at JSE 1.4..2 or higher.

Any ideas?

Thanks...

- Michael