Hi Kenneth,

On 08-06-2005 05:50, "Kenneth Pouncey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Marc
>

>> Hi Kenneth,
>>

>> There's definitely something with that selection square. What happens is
>> this:
>>
>> - draw a rectangle and RELEASE the mouse button.
>> - with the right mouse button, click somewhere in the square and RELEASE the
>> mouse button. The menu pops-up and the rectangle dissapears (50% of the
>> time) and the cursors moves to the point on the screen where I clicked.
>> - if you do NOT RELEASE the right mouse button, the rectangle can be copied.
>>
>> Are there any other ways to call this pop-up? An Apple laptop doesn't have a
>> right-button, you know.
>>

> If the mouse cursor is moving on a mouse click then that is what is
> causing the rectangle to move.

Well, the rectangle doesn't 'move', it really dissapears and when you choose
'copy', you get the whole screen on the clipboard.

> On those times when the rectangle does not disappear does the cursor
> move?  If it does not then that is the problem.
>
> That is where to look for the problem when debugging a 5.0 environment.
>
> Good catch there Marc if that is the cause.

We are talking about the RIGHT-mouse button, yes? In those cases when the
rectangle remains visible, the cursor remains in position, too. Which is
good, I think.

>> Next,
>>
>> When I'm in insert mode and on an empty field of only 1 character, I can't
>> enter anything because TN5250j says 'there is no room to insert anything'.
>> Why, not even one character?
>>

> Nope you can insert with character.  That works just like Client
> Access.  Not sure how other emulators handle that but it was modeled
> after CA.

Ok.

>> Next,
>>
>> There's something with the session settings I can't put my finger on. It
>> looks as if after a while session settings get mixed up with other sessions.
>> I have GUI sessions and GOB-sessions and after a whole day, the GOB-sessions
>> started to behave as GUI-sessions (one with the colors of another
>> GUI-session and saved it like that, too!).
>>

> Now that is weird.  I have never had that problem.  Can you load the
> sessions up manually and try for a time and then automatically to see if
> that might be the problem.

No it is not. It was already happening in the previous version, and I did
not know the -s parameter existed. Let's say that it happens most when you
modify more then one open session, directly after one another. It goes a bit
like this:

- On session 1 I modify the font settings. Next, I switch to session 2 and
when I call the preferences, it shows the font I chose in the other session,
not what has been defined for the current session. This goes for other
settings too.
- And it happens mostly when I create new session-files. For example: I
created a session-file I5MACVOS1 and made it 'cool mustard' with GUI. The
next session I create, I5MACVOS2, copies the settings of the previously
defined session. Resetting the colors to GOB works, but when I wan't to
switch off the GUI, the GUI-color for input-fields does not go away. Only
after an ENTER or after closing andreopening the session.

Another thing is that when I choose a color scheme, the colors are saved and
used, but in the session prefs you never see which one you chose.

>> BTW, I use tabbed sessions. One window, 8 sessions (2x4) to two different
>> machines.
>>

> Myself as well but with 6 and always manually.  One non gui for
> programming and 1 or 2 more with gui enabled for each machine.

Yep, per 4 sessions I use 2 GUI for apps and 2 non-GUI for programming.

Regards,

-Marc Vos