Hi,

Two weeks ago I posted note here saying I’m going to write patch for Tomcat 3.2 to support redundancy, in manner of having session information stored between reloads and shared between tomcat instances.

In order to support tomcat redundancy I thought on implementing that in two phases:

  1. (dumping) While shutting down Tomcat it will save sessions in file and reload them while going up. This feature will allow restarting tomcat without loosing state.
  2. (replication) Sending session from one Tomcat to another (AKA: buddy). This will allow the session to have backup on another machine. mod_jk  will send user connection requests to the second machine while the original machine is unavailable.

Number 1. above is already implemented, and 2. is going to be finish soon.

The question I have is: Should I implement the session replicator listener as stand-alone connector, or incorporate in into Ajpv13? This will require adding two commands to the protocol implementation.

  1. Stand-alone connector. This will require another listener.
  2. Incorporate it into Ajp13.
  3. Incorporate it into Ajp13 and calling it Ajp14.

Other ideas?

Implementation details will be followed soon.

Shai Fultheim

Chief Technology Officer

BRM Seed

E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]