> Two weeks ago I posted note here saying I'm going to write patch for Tomcat
> 3.2 to support redundancy, in manner of having session information stored
> between reloads and shared between tomcat instances.
> In order to support tomcat redundancy I thought on implementing that in two
> phases:

> 1.    Stand-alone connector. This will require another listener.
> 2.    Incorporate it into Ajp13.
> 3.    Incorporate it into Ajp13 and calling it Ajp14.

My preference would be wither 2 or 3.

I think we should be able to add new message types to Ajp13 - that's
needed to support the autoconfiguration anyway, and will be needed in
future.

If that's not possible - we should add what's needed and make it 14.
( AFAIK it should be - I remember this was a thing Gal had in mind when he
wrote the code )